1889 (exhibited) Mrs. Dixon of Rheda by James Sant (auctioned by Christie's)

I could find nothing about this person until I looked up Rheda Park, the name of a manor house near Frizington, Cumbria in the UK. This suggests the Dixons were minor gentry. It is located in a narrow part of the island of Great Britain near the island's west coast. The nearest major city is Leeds on the east coast. The Scottish border is close by with Lockerbie, the crash site of a terrorist bombing of a 747 airliner, not much farther north.

From highvictoriana.tumblr.com/post/40966189995/portrait-of-mrs-dixon-of-rheda-by-r-a-james; the image had numerous flaws that were fixed with Photoshop by gogm.

Next Album ("Iberian Style in the Bustle Periods")

Mrs. Dixon wears a lovely dress with a substantial bustle, hourglass figure, and minimum sleeves for her portrait by James Sant.

Keywords:  Sant, Mrs. Dixon of Rheda, British, straight coiffure, modesty piece, trapezoidal neckline, revers, vee neckline, quarter length notched tight sleeves, bustle, floral bodice ornament, gloves, fan, wrap, fur

Go to the next album.

This site is for educational and information use. It is open for downloading and use without charge. I only ask that these images not be used for profit! I can be contacted at:  contactme@gogmsite.net.