1914 Mrs. Leeds, the later Princess Anastasia of Greece (and Denmark) by Giovanni Boldini (location unknown to gogm)

According to her Wikipedia article, Nancy Stewart Worthington Stewart of Zanesville, Ohio USA was educated at home and then at an exclusive girls' school. She married George H. Worthington, a banker, in 1894 and divorced in 1898. She married William Bateman Leeds, who made his fortune in the tin-plating business, in 1900. He died in 1908 (from breathing stuff found in the air of plating shops?) leaving his fortune to her and their son. She was engaged to Prince Christopher of Greece and Denmark in 1914, marrying in 1920. She took the name Anastasia at that time. The American press continued to refer to her by such nicknames as the "Tin Plate Heiress", the "Dollar Princess" or the "Million Dollar Princess." It's interesting having a free press. There was such a thing when I was much younger.

From www.foroxerbar.com/viewtopic.php?t=11178; a flaw of between 5 and 10 cmin the upper right quadrant was removed with Photoshop by gogm.

1914 Mrs. Leeds, the later Princess Anastasia of Greece (and Denmark) by Giovanni Boldini (location unknown to gogm) From www.foroxerbar.com:viewtopic.php?t=11178

Boldini knows how to play up a sitter's sexuality. This can influence depiction of dress. Mrs. Leeds is shown in a partially undone pre-War dress with a close skirt under a triangular-edged over-skirt. Her dress has tight and almost strap sleeves.

Keywords:  1914, Boldini, Princess Anastasia of Greece and Denmark, Glucksberg family, French, curly coiffure, tiara, quarter length tight sleeves, natural waistline, close skirt, under-skirt, floral bodice ornament, necklace, bracelets, wrap, fur

This site is for educational and information use. It is open for downloading and use without charge. I only ask that these images not be used for profit! I can be contacted at:  contactme@gogmsite.net.