1908 Viscountess Crichton

I am not sure who she is. The 1st Duke of Westminster, Hugh Lupus Grosvenor, had a daughter by his first wife, Lady Constance Gertrude Leveson-Gower, named Margaret who married Lt.-Col. Sir Adolphus Charles Cambridge, 1st Marquess of Cambridge. He married Katherine Caroline Cavendish and had a daughter Mary who married Lt.-Col. Henry William Crichton, Viscount Crichton in 1903. I believe this is Mary, although the caption calls her Margaret.

From www.prints-4-all.com.

1908 Viscountess Crichton from www.prints-4-all.com

Corsets can make a difference as this photo of the tight laced Viscountess Crichton shows. Her dress has no waistline seam or marking although it has a waist. The skirt is almost a column with little flare.

Keywords:  1908, Viscountess, British, bouffant coiffure, sweetheart neckline, chemise, moesty piece, over-bodice, elbow length notched sleeves, natural waistline, close skirt, necklace, earrings, bracelets

This site is for educational and information use. It is open for downloading and use without charge. I only ask that these images not be used for profit! I can be contacted at:  contactme@gogmsite.net.