1908 Lady Grizel Hamilton from The Bystander of 1 April

I thought the name "Grizel" would apply to a man and "Grizel Hamilton" would be a one-off. Wrong on both counts. This is her article from thepeerage:  "Lady Grizel Winifred Louisa Cochrane F, #56457, b. 14 May 1880, d. 5 December 1976

Lady Grizel Winifred Louisa Cochrane was born on 14 May 1880. She married Lt.-Col. Ralph Gerard Alexander Hamilton, Master of Belhaven, son of Colonel Alexander Charles Hamilton, 10th Lord Belhaven and Stenton and Georgiana Katharine Richmond, on 1 March 1904. She died on 5 December 1976 at age 96. She was also reported to have died on 26 September 1932.

She was the daughter of Lt.-Gen. Douglas Mackinnon Baillie Hamilton Cochrane, 12th Earl of Dundonald and Winifred Bamford-Hesketh. Her married name became Hamilton."

1908 Lady Grizel Hamilton from The Bystander of 1 April

Lady Grizel wears a stunning evening dress with a scoop neckline under a blouson over-bodice. Her dress has a natural waistline hidden by the over-bodice.

Keywords:  1908, Charles - Lallie, Lady Grizel Cochrane Hamilton, Cochrane family, Hamilton family, British, curly coiffure, tiara, scoop neckline, under-bodice, quarter length full sleeves, natural waistline, over-bodice, strap sleeves, blouson bodice, close skirt, necklace, earrings

This site is for educational and information use. It is open for downloading and use without charge. I only ask that these images not be used for profit! I can be contacted at:  contactme@gogmsite.net.