1907 Karoline Mathilde von Schleswig Holstein Sonderburg Augustenburg by A. Gimm

According to her Wikipedia article, Karoline Mathilde’s mother was Princess Adelheid of Hohenlohe-Langenburg who was the daughter of Feodora of Leiningen. Her older sister Auguste Victoria married Kaiser Wilhelm II. She had daughters Victoria Adelheid, Alexandra Victoria, Helene Adelaide, Adelheid Luise, and Karoline Mathilde.

From Miss Mertens' photostream on flickr. I tried various tricks to tease details out of the dark areas, but none worked so the only change I made to the original is removing the sepia tone.

1907 Karoline Mathilde von Schleswig Holstein Sonderburg Augustenburg by A. Gimm From Miss Mertens' photostream on flickr detint only

Karoline Mathilde may be wearing a blouse under a zouave jacket-like bodice or an under- and over-bodice.

Keywords:  1907, Gimm, Karoline Mathilde of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg, Princess of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-AugustenburgHereditary Princess of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, Duchess of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, Princess Friedrich Ferdinand of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg family, Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg family, Princess, Duchess, German, straight coiffure, under-bodice, high enclosing neckline, blouson bodice, over-bodice, long close sleeves, cuffs, close skirt, bustle

This site is for educational and information use. It is open for downloading and use without charge. I only ask that these images not be used for profit! I can be contacted at:  contactme@gogmsite.net.