1904 Lady Gelder by John Henry Frederick Bacon (Hull Guildhall - Hull UK)

I cannot identify her in thepeerage, but it appears Mr. van Gelder was in the Dutch diplomatic service. In an American costume play, one Dolly Levi bags a Horace Vandergelder.

From bbc.co; linear flaws in background, hat, and dress removed and flaws in the lower right were diminished by darkeneing with Photoshop by gogm.

1904 Lady Gelder by John Henry Frederick Bacon (Hull Guildhall - Hull UK) bbc.co linear flaws in background, hat, and dress removed and flaws in lower right darkened

Mammoth hats are associated with around 1910 up to World War I, especially in Germany. But Lady Gelder wears a whopper that appears to be both high and wide. She also wears a fichu.

Keywords:  1904, Bacon, Lady Gelder, bouffant coiffure, hat, ve neckline, fichu, three quarter length full notched sleeves, pouter pigeon bodice, close skirt, necklace, bracelets, wrap, fan

This site is for educational and information use. It is open for downloading and use without charge. I only ask that these images not be used for profit! I can be contacted at:  contactme@gogmsite.net.