Welcome to the Grand Ladies Site
• Notices and Definitions •
• New Content •
• Grand Ladies of the Farthingale Era - About 1480 to about 1620
• Grand Ladies of the Reigns of Louis XIII and Louis XIV - 1620 to 1715
• Grand Ladies of the 1700s •
• Grand Ladies of the Revolution, Empire, and Romantic Cycle - 1789 to 1836
• Grand Ladies of the "Early" "Victorian" Era - 1837 to 1870
• Grand Ladies of the Bustle Era
• Grand Ladies of the Belle Époque
Jane Maxwell, Duchess of Gordon by Sir Joshua Reynolds (location unknown to gogm)
People have celbrated the Renaissance for centuries as can be seen in this Reynolds portrait of Duchess Jane Maxwell.
Jane Maxwell, Duchess, British, high straight coiffure, ribbon headdress, vee neckline, neckline ruff, rolled sleeves, puffed sleeves, waist band, arm bands, choker necklace, necklace, theatrical dress
Jan 15, 2011 12:19 AM
This site is for educational and information use. It is open for downloading and use without charge. I only ask that these images not be used for profit! I can be contacted at: email@example.com.
[Back To Top]