Welcome to the Grand Ladies Site
• Notices and Definitions •
• New Content •
• Grand Ladies of the Farthingale Era - About 1480 to about 1620
• Grand Ladies of the Reigns of Louis XIII and Louis XIV - 1620 to 1715
• Grand Ladies of the 1700s •
• Grand Ladies of the Revolution, Empire, and Romantic Cycle - 1789 to 1836
• Grand Ladies of the "Early" "Victorian" Era - 1837 to 1870
• Grand Ladies of the Bustle Era
• Grand Ladies of the Belle Époque
1838 Clémentine Prinzessin von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha (1817-1907), née Princesse d’Orléans by Franz Xaver Winterhalter (private collection)
Princess Clementine wears a fashionable 1838 evening dress with off shoulder vee neckline, quarter length sleeves, vee waistline, and full skirt.
Keywords: 1838, Winterhalter, Clémentine Orléans, Orléans family, Wettin family, Princess, hurluberlu coiffure, floral headdress, off shoulder vee neckline, modesty pice, criss-cross bodice, elbow length sleeves, bows, cuffs, vee waistline, full skirt, flounces, brooch, shoes
Apr 24, 2010 10:09 AM
This site is for educational and information use. It is open for downloading and use without charge. I only ask that these images not be used for profit! I can be contacted at: email@example.com.
[Back To Top]